Monday, June 30, 2014
This is my kind of popcorn machine.
Hope you can see what I see in the drawing:
The little caretaker is adding lots and lots of butter.
The round wheel, on the large rectangular container, is turning (with a slight squeak) and providing electricity for the light bulb. It is similar to something used for light many moons ago.
I hear the popcorn ping against the thin steel metal. The room is toasty and warm. There's an aroma of warm popcorn.
- I read a fairytale, by the Brothers Grimm, called, The Three Feathers.
- It's about the humble son of a king.
- The king has given his three sons a challenge.
- The challenge was to determine who was worthy of the throne after he died.
- The other two sons were thought to be smart.
- They never thought their brother was competition.
- This pencil drawing is about him finding the answers to the challenges when he comes upon help.
Yup...yes indeed fellow writers, artist and normal folks...
this is a candid photo of my old neighbor where I, once upon a time, lived.
Gossip was that she made a great crunchy apple-pepperminty pie.
But, I just couldn't get myself to try a slice.
The neighborhood kids always badgered the old gal
...but that has stopped.
Not too many kids on the block anymore for some reason.